Wednesday, March 29, 2017

A Day to Smile...



It's 11:45 PM...
Our boys have finally made their way to bed..
It's been anything but a normal day.

It started around 5:30 AM...

And before I begin this post..
I just need to say.
Kids are amazing.
I'm serious.

Not long ago... We found out our new baby boy Ashton...
Had some dental issues...
And Dr. Crawford, our pediatric dentist... Told us that the majority of his
teeth would have to be capped or removed – due to poor enamel and other situations.

I have been dreading this day.
Being an adoptive Mom – Everything about baby boy is precious to me.
His eyes..
His laugh...
His voice...
And his smile.
Especially his smile.

But, today –was amazing.
I wouldn't feel complete without writing this down...
Children are a gift.
Adoption is beautiful.

 

 





 

When you biologically carry a baby you dream of that face.
When you adopt – you see a photo.
You hold that face in your heart.
In your prayers.
It becomes the reason you keep going.

SO let's move forward...
We arrive at the hospital.
The knot in my stomach was overwhelming.
Everything was going to be “new” “scary” “another change”


I couldn't have been more wrong.
I sat back in awe as he openly talked to nurses and doctors...
Showing his admission bracelet.
 
He was so proud.
Today – he was going to be brave.
He walked shoulders back down the big hall to the day surgery area...
Such a big little boy.

I took notes with my eyes...
He's smiling.
He's comfortable.
Wow, amazing.

 
 
 
It was a two hour long procedure.
Our awesome doctor spoke to us outside and let us know he
did amazing.
We breathed huge sighs of relief. They were able to cap every tooth needed and
he would have a full set... Thank you, Lord.

Then, we were called to recovery.
He hadn't arrived yet.

Suddenly, In walked a male nurse holding our baby boy.
He'd gotten overheated coming out of anesthesia.
He was sweating, gown half off, flailing and crying.

Eyes rolled back... and “not awake”...
He handed him to me.

And almost instantly, He calmed.

A nurse in passing looked at me and said,
You know –there is no medicine like Mama.
Our abilities here only go so far.”

It was a moment of reckoning for me. 

When God created him.
He had us on his mind.
 He knew all about today.
 He knew how beautifully he would mold us to fit.
He knew a Daddy & Mama would love and adore him.

Adoption is an AMAZING gift.
Every single day it shows me a little bit more of Jesus.
I'm so overwhelmed and thankful that I too – am adopted.
I too - am loved beyond measure.
________________

We got to come home! 
He's been a little sick at his tummy with lots of cleaning up. BUT... 
He is so proud of his “new smile”.. 
He can't wait to show everyone.

 

Even with bruised gums... 
Children see all things as good.

A brand new smile. 
He is SO PROUD.

 
 
He's an amazing little boy.
How blessed we are.

Thank you to everyone who prayed for us today.
We love you.


5 comments:

  1. As always your words touch my heart. Love you Genesis and love your sweet family. So glad Ashton is smiling again. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your story. Ashton's peach in your arms is further confirmation on his adjusting to his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Gen....Ashton is such a blessing to our family I will be forever grateful that God has given him to us to love and care for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you and your family. I've been out-of-the-loop for awhile & didn't know you had actually adopted yet. Wow, that's awesome. He's adorable and I know he's well loved. Many blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I enjoy reading them SO much! Thanks! :)