Monday, August 28, 2017

Speak to the Storm.

One of the most beautiful memories that I have of my Grandfather... or better known as "Our Pop"... was his special gift of faith.


He always believed that if we were going to be true Christians or Christ-like...   Then we should take the example of Jesus.


 So, He did...   


As a little girl, He would take my hands in his and we would "Speak to the storm".


I can still see it. His soft tired blue eyes and gentle hands. He'd say... "If Jesus stopped the winds... and calmed the rain... Then that same faith should be in us."




He'd continue, "So, we will agree... you and I...  and by faith it's already done."


Then he'd say, "The word says... Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven."


"Do we agree Gen?"


"Yes Pop...We agree."


"Now we can just go on... Thanking Him!"


And in my little child mind... it was finished. Jesus had taken care of it.


But, the amazing thing was...  every single time... the rains ceased.  The storms calmed. The winds died down. And sunshine would peek through.


Like clockwork. Right on time.




Just by those little words spoken. By believing hearts. By a Savior... who in 2017 can STILL speak peace.


The memories still overwhelm my heart. Beautiful simple faith.


There is devastation surrounding us. Flooding. Homes lost. My heart is broken for many. 


My Pop has already left this old world. He peacefully went home where there is only sunlight and complete joy.


But, If he were here...

He'd remind us to ask.

To join hands.

To agree.

To speak to THIS storm..

To be still.

And to just believe. 


🌤






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I enjoy reading them SO much! Thanks! :)